On to year six of these monthly book reading lists!
I read a total of 34 different books to my son, whereas I only read a total of 10 different books to my daughter.
And I was able to finish a whopping 3 books for myself.
Books I Read to My Children
Books I Read to My Son
My son has recently gotten into the Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Williems. And my wife and I haven’t just been reading them to him - he’s been reading them with us and to himself. The little guy isn’t even five years old yet!
A week or so ago my wife brought home a stack of them from the library. When my son say that stack, he made me read him each and every one.
Here are the 11 Elephant and Piggie I’ve to (& with) my son in January:
- Can I Play Too?
- Elephants Cannot Dance!
- Happy Pig Day!
- I Love My New Toy!
- I am Going!
- I am Invited to a Party!
- Let’s Go for a Drive!
- Listen to My Trumpet!
- My New Friend is so Fun!
- Pigs Make Me Sneeze!
- There is a Bird on Your Head!
On top of those 11 books, I also read him the following 23 books, for a total of 34 books:
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on Sesame Street
- Are You My Mother?
- Baby Donald Makes a Snowfriend
- Bright Baby Colors Numbers ABC
- Christmas ABC
- Counting Crocodiles
- Counting to Bananas
- Disney Best Friends
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Story Reader
- Disney Princess Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- Dora the Explorer a Present for Santa!
- Dora’s Birthday Surprise
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake
- It’s Not Easy Being a Bunny
- Little People Let’s Go to the Farm
- Oh, the things my mom will do…
- On the Day You Were Born
- Pickles to Pittsburgh
- Race You to Bed
- Reindeer of the Year
- Santa and His Sleigh
- Sesame Street Counta Block
Books I Read to My Daughter
I only read 10 books to my daughter. She especially likes the two Cat in the Hat Books, and Happy Pig Day!, one of the Elephant and Piggie books.
Here are the 10 books I read to my daughter:
- Brainy Baby 123s Introducing Numbers 1-20
- Disney Sofia the First Look and Find
- Disney the Lion King
- Elmo’s Magical Unicorn
- Goodnight, Dragons
- Happy Pig Day!
- Sesame Beginnings At the Zoo
- The Cat in the Hat
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket
The Books I Read for Me
I managed to finish three books. The third “book” is kind of cheating, since it turned out to be a short story.