September 2019 Book Reading List
Some kids are into dinosaurs. Others, trains. Some kids even like trucks. But my son? He likes books.
Just some of his books.
He’s only eighteen months old - so maybe he’s yet to have a dinosaur stage. And he did have a stage a few months ago where he was obsessed with ceiling fans of all things.
But right now, he loves his books. He loves flipping through them. And my wife couldn’t be happier for it.
This isn’t even the rest of his books.
I still read books to him, of course. Sometimes I let him turn the pages.
Oh, and he says a few words now: “up,” “down,” “all done,” “clock.”
Books I Read to My Son
- Baby Einstein Neighborhood Animals
- Baby Signs illustrated by Jay Allen
- Elmo’s World Puppies!
- Freight Train by Donald Crews
- Frog in the Kitchen Sink
- Hug by Jez Alborough
- Little Puppies Love
- Newtonian Physics for Babies
- Our Father by Sabrina Bus illustrated by Xavier Deneux
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
- Puppy Peek-a-Boo
- Spot’s First Words
- Tails Are Not For Pulling
- Usborne Touchy Feely Trucks
- You Are My Sunshine by Caroline Jayne Church
The Book I Read for Me
I didn’t think the book I’m reading right now would take as long as is has - I’ve been working on it since July.
The book is 99 Classic Science-Fiction Short Stories. I guess it’s been taking so long since there’s 99 friggin’ stories.
September seemed to be H.G. Wells month:
- The Man From the Atom by Green Peyton Wertenbaker
- In The Avu Observatory by H.G. Wells
- The Cone by H.G. Wells
- The Crystal Egg by H.G. Wells
- The Diamond Maker by H.G. Wells
- The Flowering of the Strange Orchid by H.G. Wells
- The Land Ironclads by H.G. Wells
- The Lord of the Dynamos by H.G. Wells
- The Man Who Could Work Miracles by H.G. Wells
- The New Accelerator by H.G. Wells
- The Plattner Story by H.G. Wells
- The Purple Pileus by H.G. Wells
- The Sea Raiders by H.G. Wells
- The Star by H.G. Wells
- The Stolen Bacillus by H.G. Wells
- The Stolen Body by H.G. Wells
- The Story of the Late Mr. Elvesham by H.G. Wells
- Æpyornis Island by H.G. Wells
I’m more than halfway through now!