Wright-Patt Credit Union Quietly Doubles TrueSaver Rate
Wright-Patt Credit Union (WPCU) members like me were pleasantly surprised to see that the amount they receive in their TrueSaver account had nearly doubled.
When I logged into my WPCU account today, I noticed that I received $2.24 in interest (Wright-Patt calls it “dividends”) instead of my normal $1.26:
My WPCU TrueSaver Dividend Doubling
The TrueSaver accounts used to have a rate of 3%. Now they have a rate of 6%.
The other conditions for a TrueSaver account remain the same:
- The special rate only applies to balances up to $500; a lower rate (0.15%) is applied to higher balances.
- The member must also have an active checking account with at least four eligible transactions a month. Eligible transactions include:
- Bill bay transactions
- ACH deposits and withdrawals
- Debit card transactions
- Point of sale transactions
- Cleared drafts
- There must be either regular direct deposits (at least once every 45 days) or be set up to receive eStatements
With online banks now having rates of high as 2.5% and climbing, I was beginning to worry that they would soon surpass WPCU’s TrueSaver rate. Now I can offset those worries.
Check out Doctor of Credit’s Best High Yield Savings Accounts page for, well, the best high yield savings accounts.