My son has gotten really into looking at books lately. He absolutely loves flipping through his books.
I blame that my wife and I have been reading to him regularly since pretty much the day he was born. He was born towards the end of March 2018, and I first reported what books I read to him in my April 2018 Book Reading List.
And - cliche as it may be - he’s changed so much over his year-and-a-half of life. Right now he’s a ton of fun.
And he thinks I’m the funniest person ever. He certainly has a lot to learn!
Books I Read to My Son
- ABC Animal Orchestra
- DC My First Book of Superpowers
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed - Eileen Christelow
- From Head to Toe
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb
- I Love My Daddy Because…
- Mommy Always Loves You
- Newtonian Physics for Babies
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
- Peekaboo I Love You
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
- Pooh’s Best Day A Book About Weather
- Spot’s First Words
- Tails Are Not For Pulling
- The Very Best Daddy of All
- Touch and Feel Wild Animals
- Where Is Baby’s Belly Button?
The Book I Read for Me
I’m still working on the same book I was last month. Well, it’s a collection of short stories.
The “book” is the Kindle book 99 Classic Science-Fiction Short Stories: Works by Philip K. Dick, Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, H.G. Wells, Edgar Allan Poe, Seabury Quinn, Jack London…and many more! (99 Readym Anthologies Book 2).
Basically, someone grabbed a bunch of old, public domain stories and put them up as a single Kindle e-book. I found it free via a free ebook subreddit.
As the title suggests, there are 99 short stories. Last month I read stories 20 through 34:
- The Facts of M. Valdemar’s Case by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Power of Words by Edgar Allan Poe
- The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Thousand-and-Second Tale of Scheherazade by Edgar Allan Poe
- Von Kempelen and His Discovery by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man from Mars by Edgar Fawcett
- The House That Would Not Wait by Ellis Parker Butler
- Wetter New York by Ellis Parker Butler
- The War of the Giants by Fletcher Pratt
- The Dancer in the Crystal by Francis Flagg
- The Mentanicals by Francis Flagg
- The Golden Hour of Kwoh Fan by Frank Owen
- A Tale of Negative Gravity by Frank R. Stockton
- The Balance of Nature by Fred M. White
- The Thing From—”Outside” by George Allan England
So, I guess I’m not even halfway through yet? Off to my Kindle, then!