Slows days here in the blogosphere, but I keep on trucking.
I was only able to publish three posts this month:
- My Experience at an Investment Basics Seminar
- January 2020 Book Reading List
- 2020 New Year’s Resolutions & Goals
- Global Rank → 516,963
- Rank in the United States → ??
- Total Sites Linking In → 4
I’m assuming it’s because I haven’t been able to post as much. This month and last month I only made three posts. That last time I made three posts in a month was in May of 2018.
But I also have heard rumors that Google made some changes halfway through January, so that could be it too.
My old domain continues to lose “total sites linking in.” This month it’s at 54 sites, down from 57 last month and 61 the month before.
Just like my Alexa rank keeps getting worse, so do my Google Analytics stats:
- Sessions → 787
- Users → 702
- Pageviews → 1,018
Google Analytics Graph for February
Google Search Console
And my Google Search Console stats are going down, too:
- Clicks → 217
- Search Impressions → 2,750
- Average position → 55.7
Google Search Console Graph for February
Oddly enough, despite all my other already mentioned stats going down, my AdSense stats are looking pretty good:
- Balance → $64.13
- Estimated earnings → $3.51
- Impressions → 1,580
- Clicks → 16
Google AdSense Graph for February
Moz Domain Authority
I’ve decided to start including another measure- Domain Authority as measured by Moz.com.
Domain Authority can range from 1 through 100. The higher the number, the better.
Moz says that they use a “machine learning model” to determine Domain Authority. If their method is like anything Google users for their PageRank algorithm, then Domain Authority of one domain is simply a function of the Domain Authorities of domains that link to that one domain.
For more information on Google PageRank, check out my article How Does Google Know?
I did backtrack and add previous Domain Authority numbers to my spreadsheet. Those numbers are, including this month’s numbers:
- February 2020 → 31
- January 2020 → 30
- December 2019 → 30
- November 2019 → 31
- October 2019 → 32
- September 2019 → 26
- August 2019 → 22
- Earnings / 1,000 sessions = $3.51 / 0.787 = $4.46
- Earnings / 1,000 pageviews = $3.51 / 1.018 = $3.45
- Earnings / 1,000 impressions = $3.51 / 1.580 = $2.22
- Earnings / day = $3.51 / 31 = $0.11
- Sessions / day = 787 / 31 = 25.4
- Pageviews / day = 1,018 / 31 = 32.8
- Impressions / day = 1,580 / 31 = 51.0